- SAP GUI Version
- 1.SAP GUI version – 7.40
- 2.SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 cannot be run on Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server.
- Enable Server and Client Side scripting and disable pop up
SAP GUI Scripting is required in order to enable UI elements recognition capabilities in SAP automation. Here are the steps for enabling it:
- Server Side
- 1.Login to your SAP server.
- 2.Run transaction RZ11. Specify the parameter name sapgui/user_scripting and click Display. If "Parameter name is unknown" appears in the status bar, this indicates that you are missing the current support package. Check your installed packages. Change the value of sapgui/user_scripting to TRUE.
- 3.Click Save.
- Client Side
- 1.Open SAP GUI Options
- 2.Go to Accessibility & Scripting/Scripting
- 3.Enable scripting : checked
- 4.Notify when a script attaches to SAP GUI: unchecked
- 5.Notify when a script opens a connection: unchecked
Establishing SAP Connection:
In SAP Logon 740 window, go to Connections -> Add New Entry -> User Specified System
Enter the following details in System Connection Parameters -
- Description – SL2 [126.96.36.199]
- Application Server – 188.8.131.52
- Instance Number – 04
- System ID – SL2