Creating a LDAP User
To create a user account in Avo Assure such that the account can be accessed by the organization's credentials, we must create an LDAP user. This is done as follows:
- 1.Log in as Admin user, navigate to the ‘User’ section.
- 2.Select 'LDAP' as the User type.
LDAP user selection for creation
3. Select the LDAP Server to which the user (to be created) belongs.
4. Select 'Map New User' if the valid username is known. Otherwise, select 'Import User' in case the entire username is not known.
5. If the 'Map New User' option is selected, then the Admin must enter the valid username and click on the 'Fetch' button.
6. If 'Import User' is selected, then the Admin can search for the user from the user list populated.
7. Once the user is selected (in case of 'Import User') or fetched (in case of 'Map New User'), the details of the user are populated in the respective fields based on how the data has been mapped in the LDAP configuration.
LDAP user creation
8. The details can be edited if required. Select the primary role for the user.
9. Click on the ‘Create’ button.
The Admin will be prompted that the user has been created successfully. This user can then log in to Avo Assure with the same credentials that they use at the organization level.