Assigning a Test Flow
- 1.Click on the Mindmaps plugin on the Avo Assure landing page.
Landing Page – Mindmaps Plugin
2. To assign a node in Mindmaps, click on ‘Assign’ in the Action Bar.
Mindmaps Landing Page – Assign
3. On the Mindmaps Assign page, select the Project, Release, and Cycle through the respective dropdowns, from which the Module to be assigned is to be selected.
4. The Modules can be accessed by expanding the Top panel.
5. Select the Module that needs to be assigned.
6. The Mindmaps structure with the selected Module is displayed in the Workspace.
Mindmaps with Selected Module
7. Click on the Module node, select the ‘Task', ‘Assigned to', ‘Reviewer', ‘Start Date', ‘End Date' and click on OK.
Module Node – Details Field
Note: Batch name has to be entered only if the task selected is ‘Execute Batch’.
8. Click on the Scenario node that needs to be assigned and select the ‘Task’, ‘Assigned to’, ‘Reviewer’, ‘Start Date’, ‘End Date’ and click on OK.
- Task types for a scenario of Web app type can be:
- Execute Scenario
- Execute Scenario with Accessibility
- Execute Scenario Accessibility Only
- For Accessibility Testing, refer here.
Scenario Node – Details Field
9. Click on the Screen node that needs to be assigned and select the ‘Task’, ‘Assigned to’, ‘Reviewer’, ‘Start Date’, ‘End Date’ and click on OK.
Screen Node – Details Field
10. Click on the Test Case node that needs to be assigned and select the ‘Task’, ‘Assigned to’, ‘Reviewer’, ‘Start Date’, ‘End Date’ and click on OK.
Test Case Node – Details Field
11. On click of Save, the assignment of nodes is applied.
Successful Assignment of Nodes
12. The assigned nodes will appear as tasks in the task pane of the respective Assignee’s screen.
Landing Page – Task Pane
- 1.Design tasks CANNOT be assigned to multiple users across different Release-Cycle of a project. Only one user can access the design tasks at a time.
- 2.Execution tasks (Module and Scenario tasks) can be assigned to multiple users across different Release-Cycles of a project.
- 3.Node naming standards-
- 1.The name must contain at least one ‘underscore’ (_).
- 2.The name can contain alphanumeric values.
- 3.No special characters are allowed except ‘underscore’ (_).
- 4.The name of a node cannot exceed 255 characters.
If the same assignee, reviewer, start, and end date details apply to all the child nodes, then the ‘Propagate’ feature can be used.
- 1.Enter all the details for the main node of which the details are applicable for its dependent nodes.
- 2.Select 'Propagate' to assign the child nodes and click on OK.
Main Node - Details Field
3. All the child nodes are assigned to the same user.
Assignment of Child Nodes
4. On click of Save, the assignment of nodes is applied.
Test Flow Assignment – Success
5. The assigned nodes will appear as tasks in the task pane of the respective Assignee’s screen.
Landing Page – Task Pane