Comment on page
Dashboard Options available to the user and their functions
The header on the landing page of Dashboard is as shown below. The header components include:
- 1.Dashboard Bar
- 2.Edit/View Modes
- 1.Click on the (+) button.
Dashboard Header – Add new dashboard
2. A new dashboard is created as shown below.
3. Click on the input field to give the dashboard name. Every (new) dashboard will consist of two new sections by default.
Dashboard Header – Name new dashboard
The user has the option of accessing dashboards in 2 modes: “Edit”/”View”.
- When in “Edit” mode, the user can change and save the state of the dashboard.
- When in “View” mode, the user will be able to modify but not save the dashboard state.
Dashboard Header – Modes
- The “Edit” mode can be used when the analysis is in progress.
- The “View” mode can be used when the analysis results need to be presented.
These are the containers that consist of section names and widgets (a resizable container that is populated with responsive charts called widgets, to visualize data.)
A new section on the dashboard can be created by performing the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on “+New Section” to create a new section. A default new section will be generated.
Dashboard Section – Create new section
- The user should name the generated section by clicking on the “Type Section Name” before performing actions within it, else it will display a warning.
Dashboard Section – Name new section
Widgets are resizable containers that display a responsive chart(s) to visualize data populated from the set data source.
- To create a widget click on “+New Widget”.
Dashboard Widget – Create new widget
- An overlay will be displayed, which consists of:
Dashboard Widget – Choose and edit new widget
- 1.Choose the graph– The user has to choose the graph which will be displayed on the widget.
- 2.Name the widget– Based on the graph chosen, a default name will be displayed for the widget (the name can be changed if required).
- 3.Widget Information– Information regarding the graph chosen will be displayed in the widget information section (the description can be changed if required).
- 4.Data Source– The source of data inside the graph is by default the data fetched from the Avo Assure Database.
- 5.Choose Filter– Based on the chosen graph, the user can choose the allowed filters for the graph.
- 6.Save Widget– To create the widget, click on the “Save Widget” button.
Dashboard Widget – Save edited widget
- After successfully creating a widget, the section will be populated with the newly created widget as shown below.
Dashboard Widget – Widget created successfully
- A message pops up, notifying the user that there are unsaved changes. Clicking on the ‘here’ link will save the updated dashboard.
Dashboard – Saving Dashboard Changes
The Dashboard is provided with several options which are available to the user under the menu (
Dashboard Menu Options
Dashboard Menu Options
The various Dashboard options are as follows-
- Info– Hover over the “Info” option to see the information about the dashboard.
- Edit– Click on the “Edit” option to display the overlay which is used for editing the dashboard name and its information. Click on the 'Submit' button to save the changes.
Edit Dashboard Info
- Share– Via this option, the user can share the dashboard (only view mode) among other users. Click on the ‘Share’ option to display the overlay which can be used to-
- Select specific users (by user names) to share the dashboard with.
- View the list of users with whom the dashboard has been shared.
Click on the “Share Dashboard” button to successfully share the dashboard among the selected users.
- Export– This is a feature that allows the user to generate a pdf copy of the current state of the dashboard. Steps to generate PDF of a dashboard:
- Click on the Export option, a pop-up will be displayed.
- The user can change the name of the pdf to be generated.
- Click on the “Export PDF” button to download the dashboard in pdf format.
- Delete – When a dashboard is to be deleted, the user can click on this option. Click on the “Delete” option to display an overlay prompting the user to confirm the deletion of the dashboard.
Delete Dashboard Confirmation
Sections are provided with several menu options which can be used to perform respective operations.
To display the menu options of a section click on the menu (
) icon at the top right of the section.
Section Menu Options
The menu options for a section are as follows:
Section Menu Options
- Info– Hove over the “Info” option to see the information on the Section.
- Edit– Click on the “Edit” option to display the overlay which can be used for editing the section details and selecting the filters for the entire section.
Edit Section Info
- 1.Name the Section– Click on the input field to Update/ Edit the name of the section.
- 2.Section Information– Click on the input field to edit the information of the section.
- 3.Choose Filters– Select the required filters which will be applicable for all widgets within the section.
- 4.Save Section– Click on the “Save Section” button to save the changes made to the section.
After editing, the section will be populated with sectional filters (if any) as shown below.
- Delete– When a section is to be deleted, the user can click on this option. On click of the “Delete” option, an overlay is displayed to the user in order to confirm the deletion of the section.
Delete Section Confirmation
- Reset to default– As the widgets are resizable, ‘Reset to default’ will align all the widgets in a sequence with the default size.
Like all other components of the dashboard, Widgets are provided with several menu options which can be used to perform respective operations. The widget menu options are:
Widget Menu Options
- Info– Hover over the “Info” option to see the information on the Widget.
- Edit– Click on the “Edit” option to display the overlay similar to the overlay displayed at the time of widget creation.
- Delete– When a widget is to be deleted, the user can click on this option. On click of the “Delete” option, an overlay (on the widget) will be displayed to the user in order to confirm the deletion of the widget.
Delete Widget Confirmation