Design Test Steps Screen overview
The Design Test process involves performing a combination of actions on objects identified in the Application Under Test (AUT) and validating that the results of these activities meet the expected outcomes.
Traditionally, test case automation requires that the actions that need to be performed be scripted or programmed. This is in addition to the framework that needs to be designed.
Avo Assure is a platform that addresses these key issues by providing an inbuilt framework and scriptless test case authoring, reducing the total cost of ownership. This approach empowers all users to define and execute their tests without the need to write any code, freeing them from the automation specialist bottleneck.
In addition to scriptless test case authoring, Avo Assure enables the user to verify the test case authored in different environments (browsers, emulators, devices), add dependent test cases already present, and also change the object properties if required.
The design test steps screen includes the Header, Top Ribbon bar, Action bar, Right Chevron, and Canvas.
- 1.Header: The header is generally positioned at the top of the design Test steps screen. It has a Test case name, Header maximize icon, and Close icon.
- Testcase Name: The test case name identifies and differentiates between different test cases.
- Header Maximize Icon: The Header Maximize Icon enables visitors to improve their viewing experience by increasing the display size of selected components. This icon is usually a square or rectangle with arrows pointing toward the corners.
- Close Icon: The close icon's function gives users a simple, quick method to exit the design test step screen. The "X" sign in the top-right corner commonly represents the close icon.
- 2.Top Ribbon Bar: The top ribbon bar is a user interface element generally located at the top of the window. It consists of a horizontal bar with add test step icon, an edit test step icon, a select test step(s) icon, a drag and drop test step icon, copy test step icon, a paste test step icon, a skip test step icon, save button, a delete button, a browser selection drop-down, and a debug button. The top ribbon bar aims to offer users quick and easy access to frequently utilized functionality.
- Add Test Step Icon: The add test step icon's purpose is to allow users to add the required test step.
- Edit Test Step Icon: The purpose of the edit test step icon is to provide users to edit the required test step.
- Select Test Step(s) Icon: The purpose of the select test step(s) icon is to provide users to select the required test step(s).
- Drag and Drop Test Step Icon: The drag and drop test step icon's purpose is to allow users to drag and drop the required test step.
- Copy Test Step Icon: The purpose of the copy test step icon is to provide users to copy the required test step.
- Paste Test Step Icon: The paste test step icon's purpose is to allow users to paste the required test step.
- Skip Test Step Icon: The skip test step icon's purpose is to allow users to skip the required test step.
- Save Button: The save button will enable users to save the designed test steps.
- Delete Button: The delete button lets users delete the unwanted test steps.
- Browser Selection Drop-Down: The browser drop-down's purpose is to enable the users to select the required browser to debug the test steps.
- Debug Button: The debug button will allow users to debug the test steps.
- 3.Action Bar: The action bar includes the feature Add dependent test cases, Import test case, and Export test case.
- Add Dependent Testcases: The user has to use the "Add Dependent Test Cases" option if there is a need to debug other test cases before the current test case.
- 4.Right Chevron: A chevron is a graphical user interface element generally positioned at the application's right. It has a screenshot section and a capture elements screen section.
- Screenshot section: Users can view the screens of captured objects under the screenshot section.
- Design screen: If the user clicks the design screen, the user will be directed to the capture elements window.
- 5.Canvas: The Canvas functionality lets users organize and design the test steps more efficiently. Users can easily understand the structure and flow of the test steps.