Comment on page
Jira Integration in Avo Assure Reports
Avo Assure supports Jira Integration via the Reports plugin. Avo Assure users can log defects and other issues on Jira via Avo Assure based on the reports generated.
To log defects on Jira, the user requires the following details of Jira:
- Jira URL
- Jira Username
- Jira Password
Note: ICE must be connected successfully to log defects on Jira via Avo Assure reports.
The following steps are to be performed when logging issues on Jira via Avo Assure Reports.
- 1.The user has to click the Reports Plugin from the Avo Assure home page, and the Testing Reports window will be displayed.
- 2.The user has to click the Functional Test icon from the left panel of the Report Landing Page.
- 3.The user has to select the project from the Select Project drop-down.
- 4.The user has to select the batch/module from the Select Batch/Module drop-down.
- 5.On selecting the module/batch, the executions for the selected module/batch will be displayed.
- 6.To view the reports, the user has to select the execution instance from the list of executions. Note: These executions will be displayed in sorted order (oldest to latest).
- 7.On selection of the execution instance, its executed scenarios will be displayed.
- 8.On hovering over any scenario, the following options will be displayed:
- Export JSON
- View HTML Report
- Export PDF without screenshots
- Export PDF with screenshots
- 9.The user has to click the View HTML Report icon from the scenario options.
- 10.On clicking the ‘View HTML Report’ Icon, the report of the selected scenario will be displayed in a new browser tab.
- 11.The user has to click the Report Bug drop-down and select the Jira Login option. The Jira Login dialog box will be displayed.
- 12.The user has to enter the username in the Username field, password/API key in the Password/API Key field, URL in the URL field, and click the Connect button.
- 13.The user has to click the Log a Defect button and the Create Issue dialog box will be displayed.
- 14.The user has to select the Jira Projects from the Select Project drop-down.
- 15.The user has to select the Issue Type from the Select Bug drop-down. Note: The ‘Configure Fields’ Button will be enabled only after selecting the project and issue type.
- 16.If the custom field(s) are to be included, the user has to click on the ‘Configure Fields’ button.
- Select the required field(s).
- The selected field(s) will be visible in the Create Issue dialog box.
- Fill in the necessary field(s). Note: If the selected configure field(s) are not required, they must be unselected.
- 17.The user has to enter the environment in the Environment field. Note: The Summary and Description text fields are auto-populated. If needed, these can be changed.
- 18.The user has to click the Proceed button, and the screen will display a toast message Defect Created in Jira Successfully.
- 19.Once the defect is created, the Avo Assure Execution Report Log a Defect will be changed to Jira Defect ID.
- 20.To view the Linked Issues. The user has to click the Jira Defect ID. Jira Defect ID will navigate to Jira Software, and the user can view the Linked Issues.