Accessibility is a subset of usability testing which helps identify whether a given webpage is usable by people with disabilities such as color blindness.
Note: Only web projects can be accessibility tested, therefore there will be no option to enable accessibility testing for projects other than the Web.
- 1.Log in and navigate to the ‘Mindmaps’ plugin on the landing page.
Could not load image
Select 'Mindmaps' plugin
2. Select ‘Assign’ from the left panel.
3. Enter Project, Release, and Cycle.
4. Select the module containing the scenario.
Note: Accessibility Testing is currently available for scenario tasks only.
5. Click on a scenario to assign it.
6. Select the task type (Execute Scenario with Accessibility Testing / Execute Accessibility Testing Only). Enter all assignment details and click on ‘Ok’.
- Only scenario(s) of web application type can be assigned with the following task types:
- Execute Scenario: To perform ONLY functional testing of the scenario.
- Execute Scenario with Accessibility Testing: To perform BOTH functional and accessibility testing of the scenario.
- Execute Accessibility Testing: To perform ONLY accessibility testing of the scenario.
Scenario assigned for accessibility testing only
- To change the task if saved, the user will have to ‘Unassign’ -> ‘Save’ -> and continue with reassigning the node with new assignment details.
Select required task type of the scenario for Accessibility Testing
7. Click on the ‘Save’ button.
‘Save’ Assignment of Task(s)
Avo Assure supports the following standards for performing Accessibility Testing on any URL:
The rules, description, and impacts are displayed below for respective standards:
- 1.Click on the ‘Execution task’ of the scenario from the task list on the landing page.
Execution Task on Landing Page
2. Select the standard(s) of accessibility testing that is required for the scenario from the dropdown under the accessibility testing column.
Scenario Execution Page
Note: Accessibility testing can be executed only if a web browser is open even after the execution of the last test step of the screen’s last test case. Accessibility testing will be triggered once for every unique screen contained by a scenario.
3. Execute the scenario.
4. After the scenario has been executed, the user will be notified.
- If the scenario executed was with the task type ‘Execute Scenario with Accessibility Testing’, the following pop-up will be displayed after the execution completion/termination.
Execution Completed Popup
- If the scenario executed was with the task type ‘Execute Accessibility Testing Only’, the following pop-up will be displayed after the execution completion/termination.
Accessibility Testing Completed Popup
- Currently, Accessibility testing can be performed ONLY on the scenario(s) of Avo Assure.
- Accessibility testing cannot be performed via:
- Scheduling the scenario.
- Execution API.
- Module containing the scenario.
- Batch containing the scenario.
- Reports of accessibility testing cannot be accessed via Reports API.
- Accessibility testing is supported on browsers that support ECMAScript 5 or above, with an exception of the ‘Internet Explorer’ browser, which does not support ECMAScript 5 but can be used for accessibility testing.
- Accessibility Testing can be executed on valid HTML documents only.
- Accessibility Testing can be executed on web pages only. Accessibility testing cannot be performed if the following extension files are launched via browser,
- PDF files (.pdf)
- ZIP files (.zip / .7z )
- Document files (.docx)
- Disk Images (.dmg)