Email (SMTP) Server Configuration
The Admin will have to configure the SMTP [Simple Mail Transfer Protocol] server details to use the Email Notifications feature.
The SMTP server details can be configured as follows:
- 1.Log in as Admin and navigate to the ‘Email Server Configuration’ section.
- 2.Select provider as SMTP.
- 3.Enter the name for the current instance of SMTP configuration. This cannot be changed later.
- 4.Enter a valid URL or IP for the SMTP server in the host field.
- 5.Enter the port on which the SMTP server is listening in the port field.
- 6.The authentication type must be chosen. Choose the ‘None’ option if there is no need for authentication, else choose the ‘Basic’ option. On selecting ‘Basic’, the ‘Authentication Username’ and ‘Authentication Password’ fields are enabled. Currently only ‘Basic Auth’ is supported.
- 7.[If ‘Basic’ option is selected] Fill the ‘Authentication Username’ and ‘Authentication Password’ fields with valid plain-text data. These credentials are stored in the database in AES 256 encrypted format.
- 8.Avo Assure needs a name and email address to send the email. These values appear as ‘From’ to the recipient. Enter ‘Sender Name’ (Default: Avo Assure Alerts) and ‘Sender Address’ (has to be an email address. Default: [email protected]).
- 9.If the server is using TLS, then select ‘Enable’ to set up a secure connection else select ‘Disable’. If unsure whether the server is using TLS, then select ‘Auto’. Note: To bypass all TLS errors, select ‘Yes’ for 'Ignore TLS Errors'. This is not recommended as this makes the connection insecure.
- 10.Enter Avo Assure URL where Avo Assure application is hosted. The same Avo Assure instance is sometimes configured to be accessible via multiple DNS names/IPs. This field is needed as it will be used in providing a link, to view the reports via email which will be received after the completion of execution.
SMTP Server Configuration – Part 1
SMTP Server Configuration – Part 2
Note: All the above configurations are mandatory. In case the Admin needs to use a proxy or configure advanced settings related to the SMTP server, proceed to the next section.
11. If the advanced configuration is not needed, then click on the ‘Update’ button.