Execute Test Suite(s) on multiple browsers simultaneously
Parallel execution in Avo Assure is a feature which allows the user to execute Test Suite(s) on multiple browsers simultaneously.
Note: This feature is only applicable for test suite(s) of the ‘Web’ app type.
Automation with Avo Assure- Parallel Execution Test Flow
Click on the ‘Execute/ Execute Scenario/ Execute Batch’ task in the task list on the landing page.
Avo Assure – Landing Page
2. Select the checkbox(es) next to the scenarios to be executed.
Suite Execution Screen - Scenario Selection
3. Select multiple browser icons from the ‘Execute On’ options on the action bar.
Suite Execution Screen - Browser Selection
4. Click on the ‘Parallel Execution’ icon.
Suite Execution Screen-Parallel Execution Selection
5. Click on the ‘Execute’ button to start the Suite Execution.
Suite Execution Page
6. Upon successfully completing of the execution process, the ‘Execution completed successfully’ pop-up is displayed. Click on the ‘Reports’ link to view the results.
Successful Suite Execution Popup
7. Once the execution is completed, separate logs are maintained for the execution on each selected browser in the logs folder.
ICE Logs Folder
Logs in Parallel Execution
The logs are available in the location as specified in the ICE configuration.
The logs for each browser are maintained as follows: ‘’TestautoV2_Parallel_<browser_name>” as seen in the screenshot below:
ICE Logs Folder
3. If parallel execution is performed again, then the logs are appended to the existing browser-specific logs.
4. The default log will have the combined logs for all the selected browsers.
Execution of keywords i.e., sendFunctionKeys, mouseHover, uploadFile, saveFile, and other mouse/keyboard actions will be performed on the browser which is in the foreground. As a result, these steps fail for other browsers during parallel execution.
In the reports generated, screenshots will be available for only the browser which was in the foreground during execution.