Test Case Authoring– Desktop Application
Author a test case to automate a Desktop Application
- 1.Click on a ‘Design task’ in the ‘My Task’ Pane on the Avo Assure landing page.
Landing Page – My Tasks Pane
2. Click on the ‘Add Test Step (+)’ icon to create a new test step in the Test Case.
Test Case Authoring Page
Note: The test step consists of below:
- 1.Object Name: All the objects present in the corresponding screen will be visible in this column.
- 2.Keyword: Keyword column provides a list of all the actions that can be performed on the object selected in the column.
- 3.Input: The input column provides a placeholder for the user to provide relevant input to the action being performed.
- 4.Output: The output column provides a placeholder for the user to obtain relevant output after the step has been executed.
3. Click on the step that has been created.
Add Test Step
Note: On selecting, the step color is changed.
4. Click on the ‘Edit’ icon to start the Test Case authoring.
Edit Test Case
Note: On click of Edit, ‘@Generic’ is displayed in the Object column and the ‘GetFromClipBoard’ keyword is displayed under the Keyword column by default.
5. Click on the dropdown in the ‘Object Name’ column to select the object on which the action needs to be performed.
6. On the selection of a particular object, the corresponding keywords are populated.
7. Add the corresponding ‘Input and Output’ values if required and press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard.
Input and Output Values
8. To add more test steps, click on ‘Add test step’ (Refer to step 2).
9. Click on the ‘Save’ button to save the Test Case, once all the required steps are added.
Save Test Case
- 1.Click on ‘Desktop’, under Debug On to debug the Test Case.
Debug Test Case
Note: Use the ‘Add Dependent Test Cases’ option if other Test Cases have to be debugged before the current Test Case.
2. On completion of debugging, the ‘Debug completed successfully’ message is displayed.